Competition Terms and Conditions
WIN a 9'1 Longboard & a $500 Billabong Voucher!
1. The following parties:
a) Ug Manufacturing Co Pty Ltd ABN 63 005 047 941 of 5 Billabong Place, Burleigh Waters QLD, Australia 4220 (“SDS”);
are conducting a competition offering participants the chance to win the “WIN a 9'1 Longboard & a $500 Billabong Voucher!“ (“Competition”).
2. By entering and/or participating in the competition, you agree to the following terms and conditions.
3. Instructions, prizes and information on how to enter form part of these Terms and Conditions.
4. All entries must comply with these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
5. The Competition begins at 12.01am AEDT on 24 February 2023 and ends at 11.59pm AEDT on 9 April 2023 (“Competition Period”). Time will be determined according to Promoter’ timekeeping systems. The timeliness of any action or inaction relating to the Competition will be determined in the Promoter’ sole discretion.
6. Entry is open to residents of Australia who are over the age of eighteen (18) years old who follow the entry steps in these Terms and Conditions (“Entrants”). Entrants are required to provide personally identifiable information to Promoter. Promoter do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from persons under the age of eighteen (18). Such persons are expressly prohibited from submitting their personally identifiable information to us and any information submitted by such users will not knowingly be used, posted, or retained by us.
7. Employees of the Promoter and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents and the immediate family members of each are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
8. Proof of identity must be furnished upon request.
9. To enter the Competition, Entrants must:
a) visit https://www.billabong.com.au/womens/
b) after seeing a sponsored post on Facebook by the Promoter advertising the Competition, tap/click on that sponsored post; or
c) scan the QR code on advertising for the Competition in stores ("Stores"),
to locate the entry page and fill out and submit the online entry form, including by signing up to the mailing lists of the Promoter, by providing all requested information (“Entry”).
10. Each Entrant may only submit one Entry into the Competition.
11. The Promoter is not responsible if an Entrant's mobile device/desktop is not sufficiently capable for the purpose of submitting an Entry.
12. Entries must be received during the Competition Period and will be deemed to be received only when received by the Promoter. The Promoter is not liable for any problems with communications networks. Entrants are responsible for their own costs associated with entering. Entrants using automatically generated entries or multiple phone numbers/email addresses/addresses/aliases, may be disqualified.
13. The Promoter is not responsible if an Entrant's mobile device/desktop is not sufficiently capable for the purpose of submitting an Entry.
14. Entries must be received during the Competition Period and will be deemed to be received only when received by the Promoter. The Promoter is not liable for any problems with communications networks. Entrants are responsible for their own costs associated with entering. Entrants using automatically generated entries or multiple phone numbers/email addresses/addresses/aliases, may be disqualified.
15. One (1) potential winner will be drawn via a random electronic draw at 5 Billabong Place, Burleigh Waters QLD, Australia 4220 at 10.00am on 12 April 2023 (“Prize Draw Date”) and the Prize will be awarded to the first person drawn following winner validation and verification (“Winner”).
16. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries in the draw and record them in order, in case the winning Entry/Entrant is deemed invalid or the prize is unclaimed ("Reserve Entrants").
17. Winner will win:
a) One (1) $500AUD online voucher to use on Billabong product at https://www.billabong.com.au/womens/
b) One (1) Heart of Glass Surfboard by Peter Daniels 9.1 metre. Custom fabric inlay. Fin included. Valued at $1,500 AUD
Total value of Prize approximately $2,000 (“Prize”)
18. Winner will be notified via email 13 April 2023. The name of the Winner will also be announced on the Promoter’ websites from 13 April 2023 for a period of thirty (30) days. All reasonable efforts will be taken to contact the Winner. The Promoter take no responsibility for unread, undelivered or incorrectly provided email information.
19. Once the Winner has been verified, the Winner must provide a valid telephone number and mailing address. Entrants agree to comply with the Promoter’ reasonable instruction and direction to claim, and when claiming, the Prize.
20. If the Prize has not been accepted or claimed or if, after making all reasonable attempts, the Winner cannot be contacted and the Prize remains unclaimed at 5.00pm (AEDT) on 27 April 2023 , the Winner will be deemed to have forfeited the Prize and will have no claim to the Prize. The Promoter will re-award the Prize to a Reserve Entrant or carry out an unclaimed prize draw at the same time and location as the original draw on 11 May 2023. Any such Winner will be notified by email and telephone within one (1) business day of 27 April 2023 and will also have their name published at billabong.com.au from 28 April 2023 for a period of thirty (30) days
21. The process outlined in clauses and 19 will be repeated until a Winner is contacted and accepts the Prize (allowing for the day timeframes to be adjusted).
22. Entrants and participants in the Competition are responsible for ensuring their familiarity with the Terms and Conditions at the time of participation. The Promoter’ decision not to enforce its rights or any specific restriction (whether communicated to an entrant or not) does not constitute a waiver of those rights, restrictions or of the Terms and Conditions generally.
23. As a condition of accepting the Prize, Winner may be required to sign a legal document in the form required by the Promoter in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity.
24. Entries not complying with these Terms and Conditions are ineligible and the Promoter reserves the absolute right to disqualify any Entrant from the Competition if any entries do not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
25. The Promoter (or an associates of the Promoter) decision in relation to any aspect of these Terms and Conditions is final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
26. A request by an Entrant to modify any information provided should be directed to the Promoter.
27. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable nor can it be redeemed for cash.
28. If the Prize or any element of the Prize becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter’s control then a similar prize of equal or greater value will be awarded to the Winner in lieu, subject to the approval of the relevant regulatory authorities (if required). Without limiting the foregoing, the Promoter may, at their absolute discretion, substitute cash for the Prize or any component of the Prize (the amount of cash being equal to the Prize, or component of the Prize, value specified in these Terms and Conditions).
29. Any tax liability arising because of accepting the prize is the Winner’s responsibility. If for GST purposes this Competition results in any supply being made for non-monetary consideration, the Winner must follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
30. All Prize advertisements depicting or describing the prizes and trade mark references are illustrative rather than depictive and do not imply an associated with the Promoter.
31. Entrants consent to the use of their names, likeness or image by the Promoter if they are the winner of the Prize for an unlimited period of time without remuneration. Entrants agree to comply with any reasonable direction of the Promoter in this regard.
32. If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster, infection by computer virus, telephone network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, pandemic or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in their sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of the relevant authorities, if required.
33. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
34. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of Entrants (including an Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter have reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Competition. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of their rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
35. The Promoter reserve the right to cancel or amend the Competition and these terms and conditions for any reason.
36. Any rude, defamatory, offensive, illegal, incomprehensible, incorrect or incomplete entries or nominations (all of which will be at the absolute discretion of the Promoter), or which breach any law or infringe on third-party rights, including intellectual property rights will be invalid and may be removed by the Promoter.
37. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including their officers, employees and agents), excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), which is suffered or sustained in connection with this Competition or accepting or using the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
38. Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this Competition are not liable for any loss of, damage to or delay in delivery of the Prize. Unless otherwise specified, the Prize can only take place in Australia.
39. By entering this Competition, Entrants consent to the storage of their personal information on the databases of the Promoter and their related bodies corporate. If you are a Winner, the Promoter will use your personal information to conduct and manage the Competition. The Promoter may disclose your personal information to its related bodies corporate to assist in conducting this Competition, communicating with you/your Guests or storing data. This may include disclosures outside Australia, including in places such as the USA and France. By entering, an Entrant consents to receive email or SMS messages from the Promoter without any functional unsubscribe facility if they relate primarily to the conduct of this Competition.
40. Without limiting the foregoing, Entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this Competition will be handled in accordance with the following Privacy Policies (as relevant), which can be viewed at:
(ii) The Promoter: https://www.billabong.com.au/customer-help/privacy-policy.html
41. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social media platform, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Entrants provide their information to the Promoter and not to any social media platform. Entrants completely release any relevant social media platforms from any and all liability.